Principles Of Design - Week 18

13.12.14 (Week 18)
Jasmine Yeoh (0321190)
Principles of Design
Final Assignment: Card Making

Assignment:
We had to create 2 greeting cards using themes chosen by ourselves. The themes included pop-up, typography, doodling, cut-out, etc. We were to present our strengths and show what we were good at.

I presented two themes to Ms Lisa, doodle/characterture and typography. Ms Lisa instructed me to do typography as i was much better at it than the other theme i did. She suggested I do a watercolour background after seeing the work i did for another class. She also suggested i use glitter and cut outs to make the card less flat, which typography typically is.

Following Ms Lisa's suggestions, i did a watercolour background for both my cards, using appropriate colours according to the occasion; Pinks and reds for Valentines day and bright/happy colours for birthday. I tried to incorporate interactive features such a pop-ups and dangling hearts to add a more interesting factor to my cards. I kept the cover of the cards very minimal because i wanted to focus to be on the inside of the card.

Overall, I really enjoyed doing this assignment because i love typography and i usually create cards for my friends so it wasn't anything new for me.


Pictures of the process:




This entry was posted on Saturday 13 December 2014 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply