Introduction to Photography - Week 2

15.8.14 (Week 2)
Jasmine Yeoh, (0321190)
Introduction to Photography

Lecture:
In this lecture Mr. Vinod reviewed our blogs and gave us feedback on them. After that, he talked about his education in India and where he worked, as a fashion photographer for many magazines such as ELLE, Cosmopolitan and Men's Review. 
He then went on to showing us picture by other photographers such as Herb Ritts and how he made his model get a tan to enhance the tones and shadows of their muscles and how he didn't bleach out the white background like other photographers. He then showed us the pictures he took while he was working as a fashion photographer, portrait pictures as well as pictures of his family which he took with his phone.

Instructions:
Mr Vinod gave us links for us to read and self study about aperture. He also asked us to come up with 3 questions about aperture in preparation for next class.

Feedback:
"Jasmine, with regards to the eportfolio, you left your observation blank. Also, the feedback section is meant to document my feedback to you. When you want to give me feedback, it would best be included in the appropriate section under reflection. While I am happy with concise reflection, you must ensure that the reflection does justice to the time spent in class, for example, mentioning spy our view of the photographers I presented, which ones did you like etc."

Reflection:
Experience: 
The class was really entertaining and interesting because we got to see the work Mr. Vinod has done and a bit about his background before he became a teacher.

Observation: 
It was difficult for me to remember the names of the different photographers so I should have wrote down notes while Mr Vinod was lecturing. I really liked the the photographers who took pictures which were black and white most such as Herb Ritts and Mark Seliger, rather than the more colourful pictures because I think black and white pictures are more emotional and richer in tone.

Findings:

I was sick during class so it was difficult for me to concentrate on what Mr Vinod was saying so i found that can't concentrate in class when I'm sick. I need to be more attentive while Mr Vinod is verbally giving me feedback.

This entry was posted on Tuesday 19 August 2014 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply