Introduction to Photography - Week 12

5.11.14 (Week 12)
Jasmine Yeoh, (0321190)
Introduction to Photography
CTS Class Trip Exercise: Refreshing Spring Resort

Exercise:
Mr Vinod instructed us to take pictures while we were away on our class trip to Refreshing Springs resort.

Instructions:
"Since you are going on a trip this Friday, I would like you all to take another five pictures just as practise and attach your reflections with it for the following week as well."


1.

2.

3,

4.

5.


Reflections:
Experience
It was nice change of scenery and to get away from the busy city life. Everything was new and exciting to me because you really can get anything like the environment there, elsewhere. 

While I took picture 5, I got the idea to do the theme "magnified" and take pictures of small objects using magnify glasses or shooting things extremely close. I think this could be a much better theme as the topic allows a much broader option for pictures.

Observation
I realised that when I go around looking for subjects to take a picture of, I notice the beauty in the most ordinary things that I would usually just pass by without giving it a second glance if I weren't intentionally looking for a good shot.

Findings
I found that taking pictures of objects up close makes the picture much more interesting than if you take it from far away, as you can see the intricate details and texture in everything better. Also, I found that cropping can really help your picture become better and more pleasing to the eye.

This entry was posted on Thursday 6 November 2014 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply