Introduction to Photography - Week 14

15.11.14 (Week 14)

Jasmine Yeoh, (0321190)
Introduction to Photography
Studio Lighting Exercise: Part 2

Lecture:

Studio Lighting Exercise:
Instructions:
We had to chose a photograph of a portrait from the 1920s-1960s and try to mimic photo's lighting, make-up, clothing and hair.

Velisa's 1960's Period Picture:

Theme Based Project: Lines

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

8)

9)

10)

11)

12)

13)

14)

15)

16)

17)

18)

19)

20)




Reflection:
This class, I got to take Velisa's picture and direct where the lighting should go and how she should pose. I enjoy working as a group to try to help each other out by giving feedback, doing each other's hair and make-up and helping by moving the lights around. 

For my theme, Mr Vinod told me that I should look into doing a theme based on a previous week's "wow factor" pictures. So based off those pictures I decided on the theme "Lines". I played mostly with symmetry and following the rule of thirds closely. I have 20 pictures this week since I have missed previous week's 5 theme based photos.

I found it difficult to place the lighting correctly at first but then I got the hang of it as I tried it hands on while taking Velisa's picture, instead of watching other people do it and following instructions like I did last week.

This entry was posted on Thursday 20 November 2014 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply