Introduction to Photography - Week11

17.10.2014 (Week 11)
Jasmine Yeoh (0321190)
Introduction to Photography

Lecture:

Mr Vinod talked about our topics we asked questions on the brief feedback he gave regarding the topics. We then went to the photo studio and cleaned the mess the graduating class made and Mr Vinod showed us the equipment and where is should go. We then went to take our "Wow Factor" shot.

Instructions:

Go around campus to take a "wow factor" picture and later resize the image and canvas size and edit accordingly using photoshop. 

Class Exercise

1) ISO200 / f3.5 / 1/250


2) ISO200 / f4 / 1/160

3) ISO200 / f4 / 1/30


4) ISO200 / f4 / 1/30


5) ISO200 / f4 / 1/30



Reflection:
I was quite happy with the "wow" factor pictures I had taken this time around. I had gotten more pictures because I became more comfortable with going around and taking pictures in public without caring if I were in an awkward position while taking the picture or taking a picture of something that might seem silly.

While we cleaned the photo studio and learnt where everything went, I learnt that we should be very careful with all the equipment if we were to use them or move them around because they are very expensive and difficult to replace.


In class, I expressed that I was STILL unsure about my theme and Mr Vinod mentions that we can get inspiration from everything and anything we do. He told us about how he got the idea for a theme to shoot sweaty bodies from a business magazine. So I think i am going to rethink my theme once again and look through some magazines for inspiration.

---
I had not realised I didn't publish this post and it was still a draft. I apologise, Mr Vinod!

This entry was posted on Friday 17 October 2014 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0. You can leave a response.

Leave a Reply